Five-month investigation into Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows illicit drug supply
2021-03-30 12:33 PDT
File # 2021-5781
Maple Ridge B.C. – The Ridge Meadows RCMP’s Street Enforcement Unit (SEU) has executed a search warrant resulting in the seizure of a large amount of drugs, cash and firearms.
In October of 2020, the SEU began a drug investigation into the illicit drug supply trade. Through tactical surveillance methods, SEU members, with the assistance of the Uniformed Community Response Unit, observed multiple alleged drug transactions occurring throughout Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows. The SEU gathered strong evidence identifying a man who was allegedly supplying drugs to known drug traffickers throughout both communities and connected the man to a residence in Langley.
On March 25, Michael TAFF, of Langley, B.C., was arrested and a search warrant was executed on the Langley home resulting in the seizure of;
- 2 kilograms of pre-packaged alleged methamphetamine (approx. 18,940 doses) *
- 1.5 kilograms of alleged high concentration Fentanyl in brick form (approx. 14,435 doses) *
- A Kel-Tec Sub-2000 pistol caliber carbine
- A .22 caliber Luger pistol
- A Grendel P30 .22 calibre pistol
- Over $7000 Canadian cash currency
*Lab results are pending
On March 30, 2021, Mr. TAFF appeared in Provincial court and the following offense charges were approved;
- 7 counts of possession of a firearm contrary to order.
- 3 counts of storage of a firearm contrary to regulation.
- 1 count of driving while prohibited or suspended license.
Further drug related charges are expected pending laboratory results. Mr. Taff was remanded until his next court date, March 31, 2021.
Cst. Julie Klaussner
Media Relations Officer
Ridge Meadows RCMP
- Date modified: