Shell casings lead to nine charges
2020-11-03 10:48 PST
File # 2020-23847
Maple Ridge B.C. – Multiple firearms related charges have been approved against a Maple Ridge man.
On the morning of October 31, 2020, Ridge Meadows RCMP responded to numerous reports of a man discharging an alleged firearm in the 11700 block of 223rd Street. The police investigation revealed bullet casings located in the immediate area. Within an hour of the investigation police identified a suspect and a 22 year-old man was arrested without incident at his home. Police contained the residence and a search warrant was secured. Upon execution of the search warrant police seized the following weapons:
- 1 - semi-automatic handgun
- 1 – glock handgun
- 1 – 12 gauge shotgun
- 1 - silencer
- Several boxes of ammunition and magazines.
On November 2, 2020, Kyle Edlund, a 22 year old Maple Ridge man, appeared in provincial court and was formally charged with the following offences;
- 4 counts of careless use, carrying, handling, shipping, transport or storage of a firearm.
- 1 count of unauthorized possession of firearm.
- 1 count of committing an offence of Possess non-firearm knowing unauthorized.
- 2 counts of Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition.
- 1 count of did commit an offence of unlawfully discharge a firearm.
Mr. Edlund was released on a $10,000.00 surety. His next court appearance date is November 18, 2020.
No injuries or victims were reported however, police are interested in speaking with any witnesses who were in the area at around 7am that morning. If you saw or heard something and have not already spoken with police please call 604-463-6251 and refer to file #20-23847. If you wish to remain anonymous call CRIME STOPPERS at 1-800-222-8477 or leave a TIP online at www.solvecrime.ca
Cst. Julie Klaussner
Media Relations Officer
Ridge Meadows RCMP
- Date modified: