Front Counter Services
Motor Vehicle Collisions
If you are involved in a collision where there are no injuries and the vehicles are drivable the Burnaby RCMP encourages the drivers to pull off the roadway and exchange the following information:
- Drivers license (DL) number, always compare the picture on the DL with the driver;
- Plate number and vehicle identification number off the vehicle;
- Current address and telephone numbers;
- Insurance information which includes the policy number;
- Date, time, and location of collision; and
- Any witness information
You can report the collision and hit and runs without suspect directly to the External link, opens in a new windowInsurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) at 604-520-8222 or by filling out an online report.
If there is evidence such as debris or paint left at the scene of a hit and run please call
604-646-9999 and a police officer will be dispatched to investigate. If there is no evidence at the scene but you have suspect information the driver can report the incident at the front counter. If the vehicle is drivable please bring it to the detachment and a report will be filled out. If you were involved in a collision where police attended the investigating police officer would determine if an accident report was necessary.
- Date modified: