Unsolved crimes April 4th to April 18th
2017-04-18 14:26 PDT
File # 2017 Unsolved crimes April 4th to April 18th
1. Nanaimo file # 2017-9908 On or about Tuesday April 4th, 4 16x7 polished chrome face 5 spoke wheels were taken from a residence in2500 block of Labieux Road. The wheels only fit a General Motors mid-size vehicle
2. Nanaimo file # 2017 On Thursday April 6th, a shed located at the rear of the Travel Lodge motel located at 96 Terminal Ave North was broken into and over $500 of bottles and cans were taken.
3. Nanaimo file # 2017- On Friday April 7th, a freezer located on the back deck of a home in the 400 block of Machleary Ave was broken into. Thieves made off with a smorgasbord of meat, sausages and perogies.
4. Nanaimo file # 2017-10346 Sometime overnight on Saturday April 8th, a vehicle parked in the 600 block of Eberts St was broken into. Taken was a wallet, Canadian passport and black leather Swiss army knife. It appears the vehicle had been left unlocked. Statistically speaking, almost 45 percent of all vehicle break ins involve unlocked vehicles.
5. Nanaimo file # 2017- 10438 Sometime overnight on April 9th, a break in occurred at a home in the 500 block of Prideaux St. The home is currently being renovated and entry was made by removing a large glass window. Taken was a black Rigid Shop vacuum and two brooms.
6. Nanaimo file # 2017-10647 On Tuesday April 11th, the laundry room at 250 Victoria Road was broken into. One of the washing machines was broken into and an undisclosed amount of change was taken.
7. Nanaimo file # 10758 Sometime overnight on Wednesday April 12th, 5 full propane tanks were taken from the Millway Grocery store located at 1594 MacMillan Road. The tanks were kept in a caged storage unit located outside the store.
8. Nanaimo file # 2017-11091 Sometime overnight on Saturday April 15th, two sheds located in the 400 block of Sunderland Ave were broken into. Taken was a Makita 12V cordless drill and set of chisels. Both sheds were unlocked.
9. Nanaimo file # 2017-11179 On Sunday April 16th, a homeowner in the 600 block of Dundas St chased off a male seen rummaging through his vehicle. The suspect left on a skateboard and is described as white, approximately 5 ft.8, med-build wearing baggy clothing. The most noticeable feature of the suspect was his crooked teeth. The only item taken was a yellow tape measure.
10. Nanaimo file # 2017-11322 Sometime overnight on Monday April 17th, a break and enter was reported to a home located in the 300 block of Machleary St. Entry was gained through a bedroom window .Muddy footprints were found in the house and the window pane was found stashed in a nearby shed. Unknown if anything was taken.
11. Nanaimo file # 2017- 11319 Between 4 pm and 5:30 pm on Monday April 17th, a Huffy bicycle was stolen from the yard of a home on Ridgemont Place. A child’s helmet with white, red and black stripes was also taken.
12. Nanaimo file # 2017-11350 Just before 4 am on Tuesday April 18th, NY LA Fresh Threads located at 206 Commercial St was broken into. The front window to the business had been smashed. Taken were twenty three "Tense" brand watches with wooden watch straps. The watches are unique and the business in the only location on the Island which sells those kinds of watches.
Cst. Gary O'BrienMedia Relations Officer
Community Policing Services, Nanaimo
303 Prideaux St, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 2N3
- Date modified: