Crime Map - April 2017
Map of Break and Enters to Businesses and Auto Crimes – April 2017
Click on link for a larger version of the map.
Crime Stats in Focus
Click on link for larger image of the stats.
Each district in Burnaby has unique crime types to be aware of each month.
North Burnaby: District One & Two
Brighton Avenue and Piper Avenue, bounded by Lougheed Hwy and Winston Street
• Residential B&Es
Gaglardi to Noel Drive between Lougheed and Broadway
• Theft from Auto
South Burnaby: District Three & Four
Edmonds Street to Imperial Street between Salisbury and Mary Avenue
• Theft of Auto
Willingdon Avenue to Royal Oak Avenue between Imperial and Grange Street
• B&Es to apartment U/G parkades
Willingdon Avenue to Royal Oak Avenue between Dover and Bond Street
• B&Es to detached garages
Metrotown / Kingsway Corridor from Sperling Avenue to Willingdon Avenue
• Auto Crime
Crime Prevention Tips
- Leave your glove compartment and console clean and clear of valuables. Keep items such as personal electronics, tools, cash, garage door openers, and more out of your vehicle! Don’t give potential offenders an incentive or opportunity to break into your vehicle.
- Did you know that the most common crime in underground parking lots is theft or vandalism? Remind employees and patrons to wait for the gate when entering or leaving a business.
- Park under security lights or street lamps. Thieves are less likely to target your vehicle if they can be seen easily or draw attention to themselves.
- Park in an area with moderate to high pedestrian traffic. Auto thieves prefer to break into cars in isolated areas.
- Report any suspicious persons or activities around vehicles or a business to the police as soon as you can. If you see a crime in progress, call 911 immediately.
- Date modified: